Thursday, July 20, 2017

Sketch N Scrap July's 2nd Card Sketch

Hey crafty friends!!
It's Thursday and that means it's almost the weekend!!! Woot Woot!!
Today starts a new card sketch challenge over at 

Here is a look at the second card sketch for July courtesy of Lisa:


and here is my take on the above sketch:


When I first looked at the sketch, butterflies immediately came to mind. I have no idea why but I went with it lol! I decided I wanted to have a soft color pallete to go along with the butterflies. When I came across the paper in the Cedar Lane paper pad from Pink Paislee, I knew they were perfect for what I had in mind for my card. I used some dies from My Creative Time for the stitched card mats and layered them onto my white card base and added a fun little scallop border. I die cut my butterflies using two different pink papers in the stack and added them onto my card. I cut a strip of vellum and added my hello. I cut my hello again from some fun foam and adhered it the the back so that I could pop up my vellum without any adhesive peeking through. I finished off my card with some glossy white Nuvo drops scattered here and there. I love how it turned out! 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and take a look at my latest creation!
I appreciate it so much!
Don't forget to swing by the Sketch N Scrap blog and take a look at what my talented DT sisters made with the sketch. I hope you decide to play along, I would love to see what you create!
Have a great crafty day!!

Supply List:
--Cardstock: Vellum, White (Recollections)
--Patterned paper: Cedar lane (Pink Paislee)
--Dies: Pretty Butterflies & Dragonflies & Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies (My Creative Time), Hello (Impression Obsession), Scallop Borders (Pink & Main)
--Misc.: Foam Tape, Fun Foam, Glossy White Nuvo Drops


3 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

Beautiful card Stacey! I love the tip on how to pop up your sentiment on vellum without adhesive showing, I'm going to use that little trick soon, never thought of it!! Great job with the sketch!

Scrapper69 said...

This is really so pretty Stacey! I love the soft colors.. but the butterflies are stunning to me... Love the sheer simple elegance of this one... :) Have a great day! :)

Theresa

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the colors you chose and the itty bitty enamel dots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...