Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Shopping Our Stash #284

Hey everyone and happy Tuesday!!
It's time for a new challenge over at 

This week challenge #284 is....
Shape Up!
We would like to see your shaped cards (no circles or squares)

Here is what I created:


I kept my card pretty simple by simply using one of my spellbinder dies to create my card base. I needed 4 birthday cards for this month and these were pretty easy to mass produce. The best part is that I used up some of my scraps! The balloon was from some scrap patterned paper and I tied some crochet thread for the string and glued in various spots to create the loops. The sentiment is foiled in a pretty teal blue. My photo does not show that to well, it's pretty overcast here today so I apologize for my picture. I finished off my card with some white gel pen stitching and some sequins. Pretty simple but I really like how they turned out and they should mail pretty easily :)

Neglected items from my stash that I used are:

  • Labels Twenty-Two Spellbinders die (can't remember last time it was used)
  • Patterned paper from my scraps

Be sure to stop by the Shopping Our Stash challenge blog to see the amazing creations my design team sisters created. I hope you will decide to play along with us, I would love to see what you create.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!
I hope you have a great crafty day!

 photo signaturecopy_zpsa1897fa6.png
Supply List:
--Cardstock: Recollections
--Patterned Paper: Stash
--Dies: Labels Twenty Two (Spellbinders). Party Balloons (Lawn Fawn)
--Misc.: Creative Vision Foilables Sentiments, White Gel Pen, Crochet Thread, Sequins, Foam Tape

9 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Stacey: You are right, this card is beautiful, simple and easy to mass produce. Birthday cards are always on demand, specially for little kids and this one is fabulous as it is beautiful.
Foil paper is hard to photograph, I always have a hard time, with or without proper lighting, I bet it looks fabulous in person.
Never seen those Spellbinders dies but I will have to go check them out, they are awesome and the faux stitching you did is a lovely detail.
Big hugs,
Maria.

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my goodness your faux stitching is awesome, The card is fabulous other than the stitching it looks like it would be easy to mass produce.

Chris Dring said...

Way to rock this challenge! Such an awesome die cut to use for your card, and I love the simplicity of it!

lauren bergold said...

this is as lovely as it is clever... which is really saying something! love it! :)

Mimi said...

Oh thank god... if your stitching was so perfect I was going to throw away my needles! Lol! Great simple card. So, was the sentiment a rub on, or what? I'm so intrigued by the Minc machine, but just want to hear a lot more about it.

Chana Malkah said...

Stacey, this is a wonderful project! I love the shape and the bright and festive colors! It brings Spring to mind and makes the viewer smile! Nice take on the challenge.
Hugz,]
Chana

Scrapper69 said...

Very COOL Shaped card Stacey! Love the Balloon & Twine!

Theresa

Donna said...

Fantastic birthday card, love the bright colours!

laurie said...

Cute card..love the fun shape!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...