Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Try Me Tuesday with MCT Dies!

Hi there and Happy Tuesday!!

Today over at the My Creative Time blog, it is Try Me Tuesday!
Today we are showing you different ways to use those My Creative Time dies. I love finding ways to use my dies other than what they may have been originally created for. 

Here is the card that I created:

For my card,  I wanted to see how I could use the Scallop & Stitched Circle die set a little differently. So I cut some of the scallops out of white cardstock and then cut them in half and adhered them to the back of my gray layer to create a fun little border going along the bottom. I then took the same scallop from the Scallop & Stitched Circle die set and cut it out of vellum 4 times. I stacked them together and put a brad through the middle to hold them all. Then I simply took each scallop circle and brought it up to the middle, crunching them as I went. After it was all crinkled and it had the look that I wanted, I simply added some glitter along the edges to give it a little sparkle. I am really pleased with how it turned out and I now have another way in which I can use my Scallop & Stitched Circle dies :) I also used the lowercase fun dies to create my greeting so that I could pop it up and have some of the patterned paper peeking through.  

Don't forget to head over to the My Creative Time blog to see all the fabulous ways that my wonderfully creative design team sisters came up with to help you get more out of your dies!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!

I hope you have a great crafty day!

 photo signaturecopy_zpsa1897fa6.png

Supplies Used:
My Creative Time Products:

LoveBug Creations Products:

Other Products:
Cardstock: White (SU!), Gray (Bazzill). Patterned Paper: The Spring Mix (DCWV). Misc.: Sequins, Vellum, Glitter, Foam Tape, Hemp Cord, White Sakura Gelly Roll Pen, Glossy Accents

16 comments:

Joan Smith said...

WOW Stacey your card turned out gorgeous and my gosh love your ideas for the scalloped stitched circle die wow how clever and creative are you....just a beautiful border and your flower turned out awesome never would know it wasn't a flower die. WOW too on how you used the LC alpha dies another big WOW I so am going to give all of your out of the box ideas a try...YOU ROCK!!

Crafting Katie said...

Your scalloped border is super cute, and that flower is absolutely gorgeous! Lovely card!!!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty Stacey! Love the cute border and vellum flower!!! Lee-Ann :)

Emily Lauritzen said...

Fantastic card! I love the dark grey with the bright pink! And how fun to use the scallop circle as a border. Really ties the whole card together with the flower!
<3 Emily L.

Casandra Bennett said...

Stacey, this is so lovely. I really like that unexpected pop of pink stripe behind the sentiment.

Cindy Beland said...

LOVE your card and your great die idea, AWESOME job!!!Have a SUPER day my friend :)

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous card!! Awesome job my friend!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Coelle said...

Just LOVE the vellum flower you made with the scalloped die.....great idea and turned out so pretty...such a pretty card too!!

Anonymous said...

Great ways to use the MCT dies!! Your card is very pretty. I think my favorite is the way you did the "hello".

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

this card is so so pretty! I love it!

Kim H said...

Stacey ~ Oh I ADORE your card! I LOVE the colors and the whole design but using that die for a border is too FABULOUS!! GORGEOUS creation and I LOVE your flower too! AMAZING!!!

mickeydee said...

Your card is so pretty. I especially like the vellum flower. Dianne

Kimberly J. said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the colors and that really pretty flower!! Great job! Way to use those sequins!! They add the perfect touch!! ;-)

quilt4fun2 said...

Great use of the Scalloped Circle Die...how clever. The flower and border are beautiful. I also like the paper showing through the letters. Fabulous job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

jessica said...

Such a beautiful card Stacey!
Love the die as a border!!! Super clever!

dawnmercedes said...

I super duper love this one!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...