Friday, July 12, 2013

Hello Friend!

Hi there and happy Friday!!
Any fun plans for the weekend?
I hope to get a lot of crafting done and cross off some of the many projects on my growing to-do list.

Today I was able to make a card for 2 different challenges.

They are:


And



Here is the card that I created:


I love the simplicity of the sketch and had an idea in mind as soon as I saw it.
For my flower, I simply laid out some Washi Tape onto some white cardstock and then ran it through my cuttlebug using my Classic Scallop Circles from spellbinders. Once I had my scallop circles cut out, I simply used my scissors and cut a small line on every other scallop down to almost the center. Once cut, I simply rumpled them a little bit and folded under just a tad to give them some dimension. I layered them on top of each other and attached to my card. I finished off my flower with a button center and some leaves from a leaf punch. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and take a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!
I hope you have a fabulous day!
Photobucket
Cardstock: Red (Recollections) & White (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: The Sweetest Thing (MME)
Stamp: Studio G
Ink: Real Red (SU!)
Punches/Dies: Scallop Sentiement Border Punch (Fiskars), Rose Leaf (Martha Stewart), Classic Scallop Circles (Spellbinders)
Cuttlebug: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Misc.: Washi Tape (Darice), Button, Pearls (Queen & Co.)

6 comments:

Rene' said...

Very Cute!

Migdalia said...

I love this technique with washi tape...
I am going to try this..
TFS
Very PRETTY!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Nana said...

What a cute card. Great colors and papers.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Cindy Hall said...

Great idea on the flower and washi tape! I love this bright and cheerful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Allisa said...

Love the bright colors! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Sherri said...

Oh my goodness ..I LOVE this!!! Thanks for playing with us over at the Washi Up! challenge :)

Mousy hugs,
Sherri
The Squeaky Scrapper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...