Monday, December 3, 2012

Paper Playtime #90: Christmas Colors



For my Happy Holiday's Blog Hop Post, Click HERE


Paper Playtime starts a brand new challenge today!! 

For Ch # 90
Theme: Christmas Colors
StartsMonday, Dec 3rd 12:00 am EST
Ends: Thursday, Dec 13th Noon EST
Winner (chosen by random.org) Announced: Thursday, Dec 13th late afternoon


Our sponsor this challenge is...


One winner chosen by random.org will receive a $15 Gift Certificate to their store!

Here is my project for this challenge:



I decided to alter one of those $1 picture frames into a cute Christmas decor item for my home. 
I adhered my paper by added some glue onto my wooden frame (I used a glue stick) and then laying the front of my frame onto the back side of my patterned paper. 
Then I just used an exacto knife, to trim up the outer edges as well as the inside opening. I took a sanding block and lightly sanded around my frame to get any small bits of paper that I may have missed cutting.  I cut my Christmas Tree out of the Create A Critter 2 Cricut Cartridge at 4". After I adhered all the layers, I popped my tree up with some foam adhesive and I added some TSQ's Royal Jewels for my ornaments. I also added some  TSQ's Royal Jewels to two corners of my frame. You can see all of  The Scrapbooking Queen's Royal Jewels at her store by clicking HERE.
My font for my 2012 came from the Cricut Alphabet cartridge (pre loaded on the E2). I cut my numbers out at 1" each. I added a little red bow onto the "1".
I am so happy with how this turned out! I just need a good family picture from this year to put into it! Keeping my fingers crossed that that happens, I hate getting my picture taken lol! 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!

I hope you will stop by Paper Playtime and look at the fabulous creations that my DT sisters came up with for the challenge as well entering yourself. I would love to see what you create!

I hope you have a fabulous crafty day!


Come play with us!
...
Photobucket

Supplies:
Cricut Cartridge: Create A Critter 2 & Cricut Alphabet
Card Stock: Recollections except for white which is Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper: DCWV
Misc: TSQ Royal Jewels, White Gel Pen (Marvy), Yellow Stickles, Foam Adhesive, Ribbon (Offray)

7 comments:

Sharon said...

I so love your frame Stacey!! The paper you used is so pretty. And I love the Christmas tree! The ornaments are great. :)

Marilyn said...

Love your frame!!!

Janis Lewis said...

I love this! You've convinced me to get a frame next time I go to the craft store and alter it. Great idea! :) Janis

Kimberly J. said...

Love this!!! What a great frame! Love that cute tree and that is one of my favorite fonts too ;) Thanks for the inspiration. I may have to play along :)

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous, Stacey!! The tree is fabulous and I love the bow around the 1!! What an awesome altered frame!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Arcy Scraps said...

cute frame Stacey!

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous Frame!!Love it!
Have wonderful day,
Migdalia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...